Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Andrew Lynn Tiland is here!

Andrew came into the world May 18 at about 6:30 pm. He weighed in at 8.6 lbs and is 21 inches long. He has a full head of dark wavy hair, good coloring and is very handsome! We are just falling in love with our little miracle!

We arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am and the doctor broke my water at 8:00 am. The labor progressed naturally after the water broke and no pitocin (a drug which is used to induce labor) was needed. I was in labor for about 10 and a half hours, in active pushing for an hour and fifteen minutes of that. Michael, Michael's mom (Brenda), and Katherine (friend) was there through the process and were each indespensible in unique ways. Michael was the most amazing coach, he was such a blessing through the entire labor and walked away from the experience really draining, bith emotionall and physically. He is wonderful with Andrew and I know will be an amazing daddy!


I am very glad to have the whole process over and to move into the rewarding relationship with Andrew. I am recovering slowly, but well. My blood pressure was low for most of the day and in to the next day after labor, but is better now. Every muscle in my body is just very sore and I have a hard time getting around. I'm sure it gets easier each day, which I am looking forward to. I will be getting discharded tonight but I will be staying the night in the hospital as a "guest" because Andrew will need to stay atleast one more night. He will be getting circumsized tonight or tomorrow morning. He had low blood sugar levels last night and into this morning so that needs to be stablised before we take him home tomorrow. We are both learning how to breast feed, that may takes some getting use to for the both of us but I'm sure it will come along.

Keep praying for our new addition and for us to have wisdom to care for all his needs. We are just so blessed and overwhelmed with everything right now.



3 comments:

Ginny said...

Beautiful pictures! S glad to read the update-we have been praying and thinking of you all non-stop. We love you and can't wait to meet Andrew!

Ginny said...

So glad to hear an update and see these pictures. We have been praying for you and thinking of you non-stop! We love you and can't wait to meet Andrew. :)

Wandering Knapps said...

I am so exited for yu...but not like the "hey that's cool." exited. It's more like the "I am in tears overwhelmed for you. In love" exited. You know...Haveing a baby is the closest thing to helping God with a miracle I think. We love him, and want to meet him.