Saturday, November 13, 2010

The last 5 days...

We welcomed Madison Joy Tiland into the world on Monday, November 8, 2010 at 12:35pm. She weighed 7 lbs, 13 oz and was 18.5 inches long.

We started our day at 4am when we went to the hospital for our scheduled induction. We walked the quiet halls for about an hour and a half while I contracted regularly. Mike's mom, Brenda and our friend Kristen Fairbaugh came into the labor and delivery room at about 8:30 so witness the delivery. My doctor came in at 8:45am and broke my water and officially declared me in active labor. Thankfully I didnt have to have Pitosin because I went into labor naturally from my water breaking. A short 4 hours later Madison made her arrival. It was a fast and hard 4 hours as I progressed very quickly in a short amount of time. The end came so fast that I kept on telling the nurse to get the doctor because the baby was coming, now! I pushed 3 times and Madison came, the doctor came just in time for the delivery. Madison had a lot of bruising on her face because she came out so fast, but at least she didnt have a cone head which usually comes with a long labor!

Madison is beautiful and we just LOVE her! The first day she looked so much like Drew that it was difficult to place her as a girl. It has only been 5 days and she is showing us that she is very much a girl, the way she cries, how she snuggles in... she is a very sweet girl! She has my ears and nose and hands and feet, and hair. I guess it is only fair because Drew is a mini Mike, I was feeling left out!

My recovery has been good. Things have been a lot easier than last time and some things have been harder. My nerve is still constantly hurting but we pray that after a few trips to the Chiropractor that it will go away. Madison is doing great with nursing and my supply is starting to regulate to her needs (= less pain!)

Drew is doing great with Madison. He has a little chair that grandma bought for him that he sits in and holds up his arms and says "baby, baby". He sees us hold her and he wants to do it too! He gives her kisses and hugs (probably because we give him attention and say how sweet he is when he does it). He doesnt understand his strength so we have to watch any interaction that they have, but he is not jealous and has been doing great with it all.

Me ready to pop!

First picture of Madison

Just after delivery (So tired)

Grandma Brenda holding Madison for the first time

First family photo

Daddy with his crew

Coming home from the hospital


Drew in his special chair with his blankets and dog

Big brother holding little sister


Precious



My sweet little girl


Grandma Brenda with her grandchildren
First time all together as a family

2 comments:

Holly said...

Madison is beautiful! She does look like you & Drew looks so big next to her! Congratulations Tiland family!

Brooke said...

She looks SO much like you! Lucky girl :) I love it!