Monday, June 22, 2009

Baylor University: Waco Texas

Last Monday Andrew and I met up with Mike and Worldview Academy at Baylor University in Waco Texas. It was good to be together as a family again but it was also a pretty difficult week as well.

We have been struggling with Andrew's weight for the past few weeks. (I didn't really want to post about it until it was under control...) He is suppose to grow 1/2 oz to 1 oz per day. Two weeks ago we discovered that he had not grown a single oz in an entire week. We then put Andrew on formula for 48 hours to see if it was a digestion issue. After 48 hours he had gained 5 oz! That was great news! So I beefed up my caloric intake and we went another week to see if that helped him gain any weight. After that week he gained just under the 1/2 oz a day. I was pretty frustrated because not only was Andrew not growing well, feeding time became a fight between him and I. Also, because he was not eating well my milk production was going down which was very stressful! By the middle of the night on Thursday I was ready to give up breast feeding... but we stuck with it and by Friday evening he was eating MUCH better.

Andrew never really gave me many hunger signs so I fed him about every 3 hours.
I think he was just use to being hungry so he didn't give me signs more than that. He is now giving me signs of hunger and he is eating all the time and getting chunkier (He just grew out of his pjs!) I think he is making up for lost time! So all is well and life is much less stressful. God is good!


1 comment:

Wandering Knapps said...

I am glad he is doing well. He looks so cute in those clothes, THe jeans just crack me up. He looks so much older already. Take Care